The APA board came together for two days in person in mid-January at meetings hosted at the elegant new Harper Audio offices in Manhattan. A lengthy agenda of topics reviewed in detail included:
- Reviews of applications for an Executive Director for the APA are ongoing. We expect to wrap interviews in the next couple of weeks. Several applications from highly qualified candidates were received, making this an extremely competitive process. But we’re excited! Be sure to stay tuned to find out who is selected.
- It’s time for another Consumer Survey (which is conducted every other year by an APA-contracted research company). A lengthy review of past questions allowed us to strengthen and refine our data gathering. The consumer survey queries will be going out this spring, and results are expected to be released by May 26, at APAC.
- Board nomination season is upon us! We have five seats open this year and we encourage members to nominate other members, or themselves. The two-year commitment includes attendance on a monthly conference call meeting, and two in-person meetings (often both scheduled in New York City), one of which is a strategic planning session in the summer. Directors also assist with programs and/or member services. Please contact Anne Fonteneau if you are interested in serving.
- We’ve been working on the back end of our website, including a new Member Portal for registrations, directory updates, and members-only surveys and webinars. Now we’re beginning to look toward a larger overhaul — revamping the look, layout, feel, and features of the entire site.
- We continue to plan for important upcoming initiatives and programs, including Audiobook Month, Sound Learning, an evaluation of the AudiobookMobile, and more, and will continue the conversations in our monthly board meetings and in this summer’s two-day strategic planning meeting.
Please contact the APA office if you have ideas or if you’d like to get involved!