We can’t think of a better group of people to gather together to celebrate the work we do than 400 of the country’s most passionate librarians. So at 6 p.m., March 13th, in Indianapolis, the APA will host our 7th annual Public Library Association Audiobook Supper, always a highly-anticipated part of PLA’s excellent annual conference.
Not only will publishers generously give free audiobooks to each attendee for use in their library, the attendees will hear performances and talks by Katherine Kellgren, Andres Dubus III, Mary Kay Adams, and Walter Mosley. Special thanks to Blackstone, Books on Tape, a division of Penguin Random House, and Macmillan Audio for sponsoring our speakers and helping to make this event a success!
Librarians who already love audiobooks will return home even more impassioned, and librarians who are not yet converts to audio will be ready to spread the audiobook gospel to their patrons.
Fabulous APA/PLA Goodie Bags:
The APA members provide “goodie bags” to all attendees. We encourage publisher members to participate to provide information and product samples to 400 audiobook-friendly librarians. Typically the bags have included 8-10 complete audiobooks for attendees to use in their libraries and we hope this year is no exception. [N.B. single sheets of paper are not recommended for inclusion in the bags.]
If you want to participate:
• Email APA to let us know you will participate.
• Ship 400 goodie bag items by March 11, 2014 to the address below:
• Email delivery dates and your shipment tracking number.
• Join the “bag stuffing” party 6pm on Wednesday March 12th. We will all get together and fill the bags in preparation for the event. Please let us know who from your company will attend. Many hands make quick work!
SEND ITEMS FOR INCLUSION TO:
HOLD FOR PUBLIC LIBRARY ASSOCIATION
Attn. Guest Melissa Faubel Johnson
JW Marriott Indianapolis
10 S West St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Packages should be shipped to arrive no earlier than March 7th and no later than March 11th.
To ensure your “goodie bag” items arrive safely, please note the following information:
- Please track your shipment with a return receipt to ensure arrival at the venue.
- Please notify Denise Daniels at APA Headquarters firstname.lastname@example.org with the item name and quantity shipped as well as your tracking number.
- Please indicate your attendee contact name and cell phone number for any onsite questions or assistance needed.
Please let us know which of your staff members will attend the “BAG STUFFING PARTY!” Email Robin Whitten (email@example.com) or Michele Cobb (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Should you have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.